Through the series of articles about “Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free , Basic 1 through 6, we have done up to accepting inquiry then recording the answer (correspondence result).
In this article (Basic 7) and the next article (Basic 8), we will add a mechanism to automatically send “Inquiry-acceptance email” when receiving an inquiry.
==The Inquiry-handling system created in the articles so far==
In this article, we will add a new function to the current “Inquiry-handling system” we have created up to the last article (Basic 1 to 6). Therefore, it is assumed that you have completed various settings so far.
* Links to articles of Basic 1 to 6 can be found at the end of this article.
Those who have not read the Basic 1 to 6 articles yet, I recommend you to read the Basic articles 1 through 6 in order, and create an Inquiry-handling system of your own little by little according to the procedure detailed along them.
Those who think “I do not have the time!”, please download the files corresponding to the Inquiry-handling system created in Basic 1 through 6, from HERE
* Please refer to “Using Business Template for the First Time” for how to download and import.
The inquiry-handling system operates using “Questetra BPM Suite”, but if you do not have Questetra BPM Suite use environment, the way to obtain it is explained in the article Basic 1.
==The worth of Inquiry-acceptance email==
You might have inquired from an inquiry form, and you would feel relieved when you received an email letting you know that inquiry was received.
The inquiry-acceptance email provides a sense of relief that “your inquiry was received for sure”. Moreover, it has the advantage that information, such as, when the inquiry was made, or what kind of inquiry you made, is left available.
==To add necessary data items for Inquiry-acceptance email==
Let’s consider the composition of the inquiry-acceptance mail. The basic configuration of the mail includes the sender’s mail address (From), destination email address (To), title (Subject), text (Body).
Considering what I wrote in the previous section, It can be said that it contains the minimum information as long as it contains “text indicating the inquiry has been accepted” and the “content of inquiry” (contents entered in the inquiry form).
Among the aforementioned information, let’s consider what content (value) will vary for each inquiry. That is:
- recipient email address (To)
- content of inquiry (contents entered in the inquiry form) in email Body
For other components such as sender’s mail address (From), title (Subject) and “words indicating that inquiries have been accepted”, fixed values can be used every time.
Among the first ones, it is necessary to prepare a Process data item whose content (value) varies with each inquiry for the “recipient email address (To)”. For “content of inquiry” (content entered in the inquiry form), there is no need to add a data item since it is already prepared.
- Open the “Inquiry-handling” Process Model which you have created last time (Basic 6), in the Process Modeler.
- Open the Process Data Items tab
- Add a Data Item for which data type is String (Single line)
- Modify the name of the added Data Item to”Email address”, and set the item as “Required”
- Open the Process Diagram tab
- Open the property screen of the Inquiry form and modify the permission on the newly added “Email address” as “Editable”.
This completes the addition of the Data Item for sending an “Inquiry-acceptance email”. There is a video of this procedure available as well.
==How to arrange the part of “Send Inquiry-acceptance email”==
The inquiry-handling system we have created in Basic 1 through 7 accepts inquiries via the Inquiry form and then records the response (correspondence result) to the inquiry. And the Process Diagram is as follows:
The inquiry-handling system to be created this time, it will correspond to the following Business Process:
- Accepting inquiry on the Inquiry form
- Sending Inquiry-acceptance email
- Recording the response to the inquiry (correspondence result)
“2. Send inquiry-acceptance email” will be added to the Business Process of the system created in Basic 1 through 6. The following parts will be added to the Process Diagram. You can see the word “email” written in the parts, so it seems like it sends an email by itself, doesn’t it?
Place it between “1. Round Part for Receiving Inquiries” and “3. Blue Square Part for Recording Responses (Corresponding Results) to the Inquiries”. The Process Diagram will be as shown in the picture:
Let’s place this parts onto the Process Diagram, now. After you open the Process Diagram with the Process Modeler, follow the procedures below.
- Click on the “advanced” tab on the left menu.
- Move the mouse cursor to the fourth component (Intermediate Event) from the top of the part list displayed in the left menu.
- As the four parts are displayed to the right, drag and drop the parts, “Throwing Message Intermediate Event (Email)”, which is the second from the left (the third from the right).
- Display the property screen of the arranged parts to send email, modify the name to “Acceptance email”.
- Reconnect the arrow lines.
I think that these procedures will be better understood by watching the following video.
In order to be able to send an Acceptance email, you need to undergo a few settings more. However, if I write about those settings here, this will become a very long article, so I will explain the rest in the next one.
That’s it, for today!
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 1
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 2
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 3
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 4
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 5
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic 6
- (Completed) Inquiry-handling Process Model_ver4 (Inquiry-handling app)
- Using Business Template for the First Time
|Prev article - 55. Improvement Tips||Creating 'Inquiry-handling system' for Free ; Basic 6|
|Next article - 55. Improvement Tips||Creating 'Inquiry-handling system' for Free ; Basic 8|
|Another article - YAHAGI Hajime||How to Utilize Free SaaS Edition Thoroughly|