In the series of “Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free”, we have nurtured an inquiry handling system by adding functions little by little. This article is for the final of function addition.
I will show you how to create a mechanism to accept inquiries by email.
Methods of receiving inquiries
As a way to accept important inquiries from customers / prospects, the following methods are conceivable.
- Web form
In the series “Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free” so far corresponds to acceptance of inquiry via “Web form”, but does not by “telephone” and “email”. Since for customers / prospects, the wider the inquiry window is, the easier it is to use, so let’s correspond to reception with “telephone” and “emails”.
For addition of methods of acceptance of inquiry, we are going to make it to the App that we created in “Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 4. Please log in to Questetra BPM Suite and prepare the App which we created in Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 4, to be possible to edit.
Whether phone or email it comes by, those will trigger the inquiry handling process. Therefore, we will add a piece which will start the Process by accepting a phone call and one that will start it with an email.
Receive inquiries by telephone
Let’s suppose that the inquiries accepted by telephone is to manually enter the contents heard on the phone at the Step of “Answer”. To create such a mechanism, connect a piece that represent the simplest Start to the “Answer” step.
Place the piece that represent the simplest Start (Start event) and connect it with the “Answer” step.
When connected, it becomes as the following figure. Expanding the width of the swim lane makes it easy to place a Start event.
That’s all what you do for setting up the App. After releasing the App, when the actual phone call comes, you open the screen of the “Answer” step in the following procedure and enter what you confirmed on the phone.
* You need to login as a user belonging to the organization “Support desk”.
- Click the “Workflow” tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the “Start” on the left menu
- Click on the icon to the right of the magnifying glass icon of the App “Inquiry handling”
Then, the operating screen of the “Answer” step is displayed, so enter the contents you heard on the phone. For the procedures so far, please refer to the figure below as well.
Receive inquiries by emails
It is very easy to create a mechanism for accepting inquiries by telephone, isn’t it? It is also very easy to create a mechanism for accepting inquiries by email.
As for setting of the application, we start with connecting a piece (Start event) which starts the Process by accepting an email to the “Answer” step. As you see in the following figure, place a Message Start Event (Email) and connect it to the “Answer” step.
Connecting the Start event (Email) and the “Answer” step, it looks as the following figure. Even though a warning sign (exclamation mark) is indicated on the Start event (Email) icon, it does not matter with this at this point.
Double-click on the added Start event (Email) to open the property screen. On this screen, you make the settings for the following two things.
- Settings related to email address for accepting inquiry emails
- Setting for information such as the sender and body of received email to be set in the Data Items
Make the settings as shown in the figure below.
- In “Process Starting Address”, make settings for the email address for accepting inquiries. You can set any character string at the beginning of the email address. (In this example, I set “Inquiry1234”.) When somebody sends an email to the email address you specified here, this Process will start.
- The lower half of this property screen is a field to specify to which Data Item the information on the received email is to be set. The settings In this image are set as follows.
- From address → “Email address”
- From name → “Name of contact person”
- Body → “Contents of inquiry”
- Attachment → “Reference File”
Up to this, setting up regarding the App that accepts inquiries by email is done all. Do not forget to release the App.
Even though you maybe wish to confirm the operation immediately by sending an email to the email address for inquiry reception, you must do the procedure which is to activate the function to start Process with email. After logging in as a User with System Administration authority, please perform the procedure “Enable message start event (email)” as follows.
- Log in as a User with System Administrator authority
- Click on “App External Connectivity” on the left menu
- Click on “Message Start Event (email)” at the top of the screen
- Check on “Enable message start event (email)” and then click on Save button
Referring to the following image, you will activate the function to start the Process by e-mail.
Now, let’s send an email writing adequate contents to the email address for inquiries.
You send an email like the above mentioned to the email address for accepting inquiries. After that, you log in as a User belonging to the organization “Help Desk” and click “My Tasks” or “Offered” in the left menu, you can confirm that inquiries about the sent email have arrived.
With this setting, the accepting window of inquiries has been expanded. By applying this setting, it can be easily structured even for the case of business that was accepting requests via a mailing list from other departments.
That’s it, for today!
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Basic Index
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 1
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 2
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 3
- Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 4
- (Completed) Inquiry-handling-Advanced-ver.5
|Prev article - 55. Improvement Tips||Creating ‘Inquiry-handling system’ for Free ; Advanced series 3|
|Next article - 55. Improvement Tips||Struggling with Improvement on Quotation Approval Flow; Automatic determination on necessity of approval|
|Another article - YAHAGI Hajime||How Departments to Get Along Well with Each Other|