Sometimes, customers who are using or considering about using “Questetra BPM Suite” ask me a question as follows.
If Questetra quits providing service of Questetra BPM Suite, what will happen to the data in it?
I always answer to these question with explanations, such as
- Questetra has been developing and providing the service of “Questetra BPM Suite” since its establishment in 2008. I am sure that we will keep on providing the service of “Questetra BPM Suite“.
- If you were anxious by all means, I recommend you to think about getting backup of data regularly.
== Getting Backup ==
There is nothing I can proof for you to believe that we will continue to provide “Questetra BPM Suite” service. However, I always recommend to think about getting backup of data regularly to those who have anxiety.
You can make it somehow as long as with those data! Your business won’t stop!
There are two following methods to save backup of data that have been stored in Questetra BPM Suite
- Build a mechanism to backup automatically, developing an application using Data retrieving APIs.
- Download data manually, using data search function.
The former method which utilizes APIs requires technical capabilities to build a system and to operate it continuously. It has a drawback of a little bit of difficulty.
I recommend the latter method that is easier for not needing any particular technical skills.
About the method of retrieving the data to be backed up in CSV format, there is a detailed descriptions in “Refine Search over All Job Data/ Saving Refining Condition” in Tour pages.
However, you cannot download the files which are included in Business data by the CSV data download feature.
== Auto-saving of Files ==
You need to download the files which are included in Business data to be backed up one by one.
To eliminate this manual work, you should adopt a method of auto-saving of the Business data files to “Google Drive”.
Although it is limited to a case where G Suite (formerly Google apps) connectivity has been configured, Questetra BPM Suite is equipped a feature that automatically backing up File type Business data to “Google drive”, using “Service Task (Google drive)”.
Using this feature, File type Business data will be stored to a determined folder of Google drive automatically, through the Business Process in which Business data to be backed up.
- Auto-save the Quotation file which has been attached to Commodity purchasing Process
- Auto-save the Order slip file which has been attached to Order acceptance Process.
- Auto-save the Resume file which has been attached to Recruitment Process.
Please refer to “Auto Backup to Google Drive” in Tour pages for concrete method.
Also there are other methods of auto-saving File type Business data to other storage serveices.
We will continue providing “Questetra BPM Suite” service!
To who are still anxious to my words, please consider about utilizing “CSV data download” plus “Auto-saving of File type Business data (Google Drive)”, which I introduced today.
That’s it for today!
- FAQ. Can I Download the Data of Issues?
- To collaborate Cloud-based Workflow with Cloud Storage (Dropbox ed.)
- To collaborate Cloud-based Workflow with Cloud Storage (Box ed.)
- Developer APIs: Workflow APIs
- Tour Refine Search over All Job Data/ Saving Refining Condition
- Tour Auto Backup to Google Drive
- Tour ?Auto Sending of HTTP Request with Business data Inserted
|Prev article - 50. Questetra Tips||Method for Implementation of Approval Route in Complex Organizational Hierarchy Using Role|
|Next article - 50. Questetra Tips||Change Room Illumination Automatically by Controlling IoT device (LED bulb) from Cloud BPM|
|Another article - YAHAGI Hajime||Struggling with Improvement on Quotation Approval Flow; Quotation PDF Auto-generation|