It may be frequent cases where you want to arrange a simple Web form to receive some kind of data. For the occasion like that, you would use “Google Form“. However, “Google Form” doesn’t help enough if you wanted file attachment.
Therefore, I would like to introduce you an example of creating a Web form that is capable of file attachment, and an actual utilization of it, using “Questetra BPM Suite“.
(As long as it is within certain limits, you can also create it for Free. For more information, I will describe later.)
== To create a Web form that files can be attached ==
First, I would like to explain how data will flow when Web form is created in “Questetra BPM Suite”.
If preparing in the minimal configuration, it will be only: Register data on Web form -> Stored in “Questetra BPM Suite”. (To the Data stored in the “Questetra BPM Suite”, you are able to Search-extraction, or to export in CSV format.) However, I am going to configure until “Email Auto-sending” today, because it may be often sending thanks email for confirmation upon registration.
Now, I explain how to set. You need to carry out setting of Flow of operation, and Data Items, on “Questetra BPM Suite”.
- Regarding the flow of the operation, it begins with “Message Start Event (Form)” to be Started from Web form, and then goes to “Throwing Message Intermediate Event (Email)” to send an email, and goes to End.
* About “Message Start Event (Form)”, please see the following link for the details.
M220 AUTO START Auto Starting Triggered by Published Web Form Entry
* About “Throwing Message Intermediate Event”, please see below.
M224 AUTO EVENT Auto Sending of Email with Business data Inserted
- Regarding Data Items, arrange these three; i.e. Name (String type), Email address (String type), Photo image (File type).
- Select Items that you want to show on the Web form. You can check its appearance in Form Preview screen.
- Set up wording on Email to send. It is also possible to embed entered data.
- Saving the Process Model and releasing it, then it is ready.
* For the details, please see this page at 3-6 and after.
- Regarding the URL of the Web form, you can confirm it in the property screen of “Message Start Event (Form)”.
Although we have set nothing for its appearance in this sample that we have created, it is also available to insert images, to display Items side-by-side, to insert explanatory notes and hyperlinks, etc.
== Case Study of Utilizing a Web form which is Capable of File Attachment ==
For the commemorative edition of their membership bulletin for 500th issuance, they were going to post the names and photos and personal mottos of each member. So they needed an environment to collect data for that.
Therefore, I was helping them in preparing a Web form that was capable of attachment of photo image files using”Questetra BPM Suite”. Also, they needed to pass the collected data to the printing firm, they had registered an account for the printing firm so that data were conveyed via “Questetra BPM Suite”.
== Apply for Free Trial ==
Applying from Web form HERE, you can create a free account of “Questetra BPM Suite”. By all means, please try it.
|Prev article - 50. Questetra Tips||Collaboration of Cloud-based Workflow with Various Groupwares|
|Next article - 50. Questetra Tips||System Administrators, Please Check Your Web Forms which have been Published, Occasionally|
|Another article - Kusaka Tsuyoshi||Handle Script Step Well! : Solution for Error (1)|