While Human-Centric BPM focuses on the personnel management and the information exchange among personnel, System-Integration-Centric BPM emphasizes on the grasp of internal information systems and the information exchange between those systems.
- Human-Centric BPM (HC-BPM)
- System-Integration-Centric BPM： Integration-Centric BPM (IC-BPM), System-Centric BPM (SC-BPM)
That is, Integration-Centric BPM refers to the improvement activities of Business Process by understanding and improving the following aspects:
- The scenarios and processes where the different company information systems should be utilized.
- The data contents that should be transferred to other company information systems.
- The data contents which should be returned by different company information systems.
- The different company information systems and their functionalities.
Originally, “Integration”does not mean to isolate but to coordinate; and in the IT business, System Integration (SI) is well known. (It means to build an enterprise IT system by combining different hardware and software. The companies which are entrusted with the SI by the user company are called SIers.)
The whole organization is working organically and with a specific function. (For example: A transportation system, social security system or a fitted kitchen)
- Information System：
The computer facility which can be decomposed into individual system components such as telecommunication network, hardware, software, and data.
2. Example of IC-BPM
In many cases, the Business Process which lesser human are involved continues to be improved with theme of “Automation”.
When consumers order on an EC site, for example, Business Data will be passed to several information systems as follows:
- EC site
- Credit Card Verification Web service
- Inventory Management System
- Shipping & Packaging System
- Delivery Consignment System
- Delivery Status Management System
A BPM system passes business data to each information system according to the defined procedure, monitors the processing status, and receives processed data (like the conductor of an orchestra).
By exchanging XML files with each system (SOAP communications), IC-BPM focuses on the automatization or on the optimization of the steps in sequence from the occurrence of a Business Instance to its closing (Process).
- SOA: Service-Oriented Architecture. The idea of operating “inventory inquiry”, “invoice issuing”, etc. As an independent Web service (procedure) in a large system.
- SOAP: Simple Object Access Protocol. The specification of communications between Web services. Is a standard communications in SOA, to call remote procedures with XML files.
- （REST: REpresentational State Transfer. De facto standard in API communications on the Web. Unsuitable for strict checking of data type, etc.）
Though SOAP has been developed as a specification of inside and outside communications of companies in the W3C standard in 2000, because of its high learning cost and dependence on middleware, it is utilized by large systems only. On the other hand, REST has been utilized in most APIs on the Web since its proposition in 2000. Originally, REST is an abstract concept and is not a detailed standard specification, though it is capable of HTTP access to certain URL by specifying parameter, and is “a more simple data request method”
X. Related Articles
- Cloud BPM glossary > BPM
- Cloud BPM glossary > Business Process Improvement
- Cloud BPM glossary > Human-Centric BPM
- Cloud BPM glossary > Orchestration
- Cloud BPM glossary > Choreography
- Cloud BPM glossary > Internal Control
- What is Questetra? > “Human-Centric BPM” and “Integration-Centric BPM”
- 1. Two Regions of BPM
- 2. Historical Background
- 3. Company Effective with Human-Centric BPMS
- 4. The future of human-centric BPMS
Y. External Sites
- en.wikipedia.org > Business Process Management