To-Be refers to a state which people should aim to. (Also refered as “ToBe”.)
In Business Process Management, there are many cases that seek for a ‘direction of improvement activity’ compared to the “As-Is model”(current state) and the “To-Be model” (ideal state). (Gap Analysis)
2. Example of To-Be in Flow Model
- Improve the quality of deliverables by adding a reviewing step which did not exist in the “As-Is model”.
- Reduce workload by deleting an approval step which has become mere facade in the “As-Is model”.
- Shorten the overall time required by making Concurrent Parallel Processing for Steps which have been previously processed sequentially in the “As-Is model”.
3. Example of To-Be in Data Model
- Enable sorting by importance of each Issue by adding Data items which did not exist in the “As-Is model”.
- Reduce the risk of information leakage by revising the visibility of sensitive data items and setting it to partially invisible, which had been previously visible in the “As-Is model”.
4. Example of To-Be in Resource Model
- Simplify the overall business rules by reorganizing 100 members into 5 teams who had been organized in 10 teams in the “As-Is model”.
- Reduce the risk of stagnation by increasing personnel of those steps for which only one person had been working on in the “As-Is model”.
- Reduce the risk of stagnation by revising the process so that only the qualified personnel is assigned to the corresponding steps which had been previously assigned to personnel regardless of their ability and experience in the “As-is model”.
X. Related Articles
- Glossary > PDCA Cycle
- What is Questetra? > How to Improve the Process?
- 1. How to draw a Business Process Diagram?
- 2. What kinds of business can we improve remarkably?
- 3. How to Exercise Knowledge Management?
- 4. How to Balance Productivity and Customers’ Trust?