This is a tutorial to learn the basic operation of the cloud-based workflow Questetra BPM Suite. Get the feel of Business Process Management through a very simple Business flow, the “Daily report”.
Chapter 1 Handling Issues
- You can register a new Issue at [Start]. The Issues will be delivered to downstream steps according to the Business Processes Definition.
- Issues that are delivered to you, will appear in your [My Tasks] list. Enter the information needed and then flow to the next Step.
- With the Enterprise Social networking [Open Chat] (formerly Task Feed), you are able to communicate in-house using a specific Issue ID.
Chapter 2 Defining Business Process
- A Business Process is made up of several [Steps]. By placing a step, an [Input Form] will be generated automatically.
- The order of the Steps is represented by connecting arrows. Each [Issue] will progress along the arrows. The personnel in charge of each Step is defined by the [Swim lane].
- A “Concurrent Parallel Split” in a Business Flow is defined by placing an [AND Gateway]. To define a “Selective Split”, place an [XOR Gateway] and set the conditional expressions.
Chapter 3 Operating the System
- The management of Questetra is conducted jointly by Users with [System Administrator authorization] privileges. They are allowed to configure settings such as granting [User Manager Privileges] to certain Users.
- An [Organization] is a representation of a user group i.e. “General Affairs Department” or “Human Resource Department”. Every User Account must belong to one or more [Organization]s.
- The “Choice List” or “Template of PDF document” which are referred by various Processes are added to the system by the Users with [System Administrator Authorization].
Chapter 4 More Convenient Use
- With [Automated processing] in the Flow, you can undertake “unmanned” day-to-day operations. Script setting in the Input form will help “saving work time” at the time of data entry.
- To carry out a simple REST Connection, use the [Process Model Connecting API]. You can achieve “Connection between Processes” or “Trigger Processes from external systems”, etc.
- To develop a dedicated app, use the [Developer API]. With which you can: “Develop sensor apps “, achieve “Automatic synchronization of organizational information”, etc.