1. Overview of the String Generation Mechanism
- a. Processing on Business Data
- Process on the data which have been entered at an upstream Step, and assign the result. (For example: Customer name, application name, etc.) （M405）
- b. Formatting an Issue-specific ID
- Use a [Process ID] or [Process sequence number] that are unique to an Issue after formatting them.
- c. Formatting the Start Time or the Elapsed Time
- Use the time in which the Issue started or the “Current time” obtained at an Intermediate Event, after formatting them.
- d. Formatting the Name of the Operator or the Department
- Use the name of the applicant or the approver, after formatting them.
- e. Generating a Random String by Script
- Generate a String using functions; For example: “Math.random()”, and set it.
- For example: you can set a string such as “20150123-01” by combining “Current date” and [Process ID].
2. Overviews about Practical Use of String Generation
- a. Generating a File Name
- Generate a unique file name immediately before the [PDF Auto-generation Step].
- b. Generating Membership ID or Acceptance ID
- Issuing Acceptance numbers or Incident numbers.
- c. Generating Passwords
- Generate temporary passwords upon issuing accounts for internal systems.
- To ensure uniqueness, a technique to combine the unique [Process ID] in the workflow platform is effective.
- 2017-10-23 (Information Request Correspondence): Episode 558: Ingeniousness in Numbering of “Reception Number” to Reduce Complainer
- 2015-04-27 (Bill Issuance – Bookkeeping flow): Cooperation of Invoicing Flow and Accounting System
- 2015-04-20 (Quotation Approval flow): Centrally Management for the Quotation Data
- 2014-03-17 (Event Participation Acceptance flow): Sending Certificate of Participation for Event in PDF (Workflow Automation)
Y. Related Manual
- M227 AUTOMATED STEP Auto Executing Data Binding, Arithmetic Operations
- M405 DATA ITEMS Setting: Strings that have been Processed or Converted to be Set in Midstream